Kanegasakigu Shrine Flower-Exchanging Festival (April)
Cherry Blossom Branches as a Prayer for True Love
Long ago, young men and women viewing the cherry blossoms would offer to exchange cherry blossom tree branches with one another, as a show of their feelings. This tradition has been kept to this day, in the form of this romantic festival. The exchange of cherry blossom branches is said to be a prayer for a couple’s true love and happiness, and each year many young men and women come to participate.
- Early April (planned)
- Kanegasakigu Shrine
- Traffic access:
- By car: Approx. 10 min. drive from Tsuruga IC on the Hokuriku Expressway
- By bus: Take the Kaigan-sen line Community Bus from JR Tsuruga Station to Kanegasakigu-guchi Bus Stop (approx. 6 min.), then walk approx. 5 min.
- By bus: Take the Tsuruga Excursion Line Bus from JR Tsuruga Station to Kanegasakigu Bus Stop (approx. 8 min.).
- By car: Approx. 10 min. taxi ride from JR Tsuruga Station
- 1-1 Kanegasaki-cho, Tsuruga City, Fukui Prefecture
- 20 car parking spaces available.
- 5 bus parking spaces available.
- Temporary parking (approx. 200 cars) available during the Flower-Exchanging Festival.
- Free admission (Cherry blossom branches ¥500 each)
- Tsuruga Tourism Association 0770-22-8167
- Tsuruga Tourism Information Center 0770-21-8686
- Kanegasakigu Shrine Office