Mizushima Resort Uninhabited Island
An Island Paradise on the Deep Blue Sea of Tsuruga Bay
Mizushima, a small uninhabited island off the tip of the Tsuruga Peninsula, is beloved for its clear blue waters and its beautiful white beaches, and makes a popular destination for both families and couples. Enjoy swimming or just collecting beautiful seashells on the shore. Ferries operate to and from the island daily during beach season (separate fares).
- Traffic access
- By car: Approx. 40 min. from Tsuruga IC on the Hokuriku Expressway
- By bus: Take the Jogu-sen line Community Bus from JR Tsuruga Station to Irogahama Bus Stop (approx. 30 min.), then walk approx. 3 min.
- New Address:
- Irogahama, Tsuruga City, Fukui Prefecture
- Irogahama Pier to/from Mizushima (approx. 10 min.)
- Round trip: Adults ¥1,200; children ¥650
- Parking available near Irogahama Harbor (400 spaces available; cars ¥1,500 per day)
- Market days
- Early July to late August
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.