Kami-Warabe Washi Paper Doll Museum
The Sights of Long-ago Japan, Preserved for Today
The washi paper figures of children exhibited here depict archetypal scenes of Japan around the 1930s, with the behavior of the playing children so perfectly captured that you can practically hear their excitement.
- Traffic access
- By car: Approx. 10 min. from Tsuruga IC on the Hokuriku Expressway
- By bus: Take the Tsuruga Excursion Line Bus (Tourism Route) from JR Tsuruga Station to Osakana Street Bus Stop (approx. 21 min.)
- New Address:
- 13-14 Aioi-cho, Tsuruga City, Fukui Prefecture
- Free parking available (along Aioi-dori street)
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- (Closes at 4:00 p.m. from November to March)
- Closed on:
- Mondays and Tuesdays (open on national holidays) and new year holidays
- Adults ¥200 (for groups of 20 or more, ¥150 each)
- Children under 12 admitted free
- Free admission on Seimei Morning Market days (3rd Sunday of each month)