Floating Lanterns and Fireworks Show (August)
A Fantastical Evening of Light and Sound
A night of incredible beauty, set against the backdrop of the natural beauty of Kehi no Matsubara (Pine Tree Park). Red, blue, and yellow floating lanterns brilliantly light up the sea, while fireworks are fired off from offshore, filling the sky above with magnificent light and sound.
- Traffic access
- By car: Approx. 13 min. from Tsuruga IC on the Hokuriku Expressway
- By bus: Take the Matsubara-sen line Community Bus from JR Tsuruga Station to Kehi no Matsubara Bus Stop (approx. 12–18 min.)
- By bus: Take the Tsuruga Excursion Line Bus (Tourism Route) from JR Tsuruga Station to Matsubara Coast Bus Stop (approx. 15 min.)
- By taxi: Approx. 13 min. from JR Tsuruga Station
- Matsushima-cho, Tsuruga City, Fukui Prefecture
- August 16
- Floating Lantern Sales
- ¥500 each
- Sale Locations (planned): inside Matsubara Park (next to Matsubara Elementary School) and inside Matsubara Parking Lot
- Traffic Restriction Information
- Traffic is restricted in the area on the day of the fireworks show.
- Parking lots become very crowded, so please refrain from coming by car.
- If you park your vehicle within the restricted traffic area, please note that you will not be able to get your vehicle out immediately following the fireworks show.
- Parking spaces are limited, so please refrain from coming by car.
- Shuttle bus service is provided from the temporary parking areas to near the fireworks area (approx. 15–20 min. walk).
- Following the fireworks show, leaving pedestrians are given priority, after which vehicles can leave.
- Swimming, as well as navigating or anchoring vessels, is prohibited within the exclusion zone.
- Tsuruga Tourism Association 0770-22-8167
- Tsuruga Tourism Information Center 0770-21-8686